- LocationMarietta, GA
- Completion DateSeptember 20, 2018
- Project Executive(s)Luke Canup + Joe Pryor
- Project Manager(s)Erik Klaasen
- Site Superintendent(s)Andrew Hildebrand
- Materials UsedArmstrong LVT, Tandus Centiva LVT, Daltile tile, Johnsonite rubber tile & rubber base & rubber treads, Interface, Altro sheet vinyl & wall panels, Mapei floor prep & adhesives, Bostik adhesive, XL Brands adhesive, Spraylock adhesive
Grand Prize Winner of Learning by Design Magazine’s 2019 Design Awards
The New Commons at Life University in Marietta, Georgia, is a comprehensive living learning community complete with social engagement opportunities with the comfort of home. The hall was designed to enhance the first-year experience for incoming students. Special emphasis was placed on the holistic development of the student to include activities that enhance the living learning community. Designed as a semi-suite layout, amenity spaces include study rooms, communal hall bathrooms, and common areas. Interior finishes are typical of an institutional dormitory building utilizing a mix of carpet tile and luxury vinyl tile flooring in the dormitory portions of the building. The four-story, 99,926 square foot residential building includes 372 student housing beds. The facility also houses a convenient, 600-seat, full-service dining hall to better serve the needs of residents and Life University students.