- LocationJohns Creek, GA
- Start DateNovember 8, 2019
- Project Executive(s)Jeff Thomas
- Project Manager(s)Brent Jordet
- Site Superintendent(s)Raymond Goodspeed
- Materials UsedTarkett sheet vinyl is used throughout 99% of the floor. The entire floor had to have a moisture mitigation system installed, for which DCO used Mapei PlaniSeal MSP and Mapei PlaniPrep SC. Millwork rubber base by Tarkett was used throughout the space as well. All adhesives were either Tarkett or Mapei products
- Other ContributionsContract Administrator - Terri Fields Project Coordinator - Taylor Hicks Project Estimator - Mary Kim PM Team Leader - Jesse Tranel
Emory Johns Creek Hospital
Emory Johns Creek Hospital announced the completion of a facility expansion adding two new floors and 40 additional beds. The project adds approximately 70,000 square feet to the existing patient tower and features large windows for natural daylight, LED lighting, and controls, and low-emitting interior finishes. The 6th floor will contain 40 medical, surgical, and oncology patient rooms, and three nurses’ stations. The 5th floor, which will contain an office and additional space, will open at a later date.
DCO collaborated with DPR Construction and the design team throughout the extensive design process. This ensured a functional and welcoming design for patients, as well as providing products that would fit within the budget. As the design evolved, DCO was able to assist in switching from non-Starnet to Starnet-only floorcoverings.
As a result, there is extensive design pattern throughout the corridors and patient rooms. In addition to the expedited schedule on the project, Mapei PlaniSeal MSP was used throughout the entire floor. This ensured there were no moisture-related problems in the future. The end result was a project under budget, and on schedule, with the addition of an entirely new floor on top of the existing hospital tower to help serve the community.
To learn more about the Emory Johns Creek Hospital expansion, click here.