- LocationAtlanta, GA
- Project Executive(s)Ezra Peterson
- Project Manager(s)Meghan Blanchard
- Site Superintendent(s) Matt McCloskey, Raymond Goodspeed & Jeff Smith
- Materials Used Starnet Preferred Vendors: Armstrong Flooring, Inc., MAPEI, RFMS, RFMS Measure, Tarkett | Johnsonite
- Other ContributionsArchitect: HKS, General Contractor: Brassfield & Gorrie, LLC, Contract Administrator- Terri Fields, Project Coordinator – Taylor Hicks, Project Assistant- Kristina Hood
Piedmont Atlanta Marcus Tower Expansion
The new construction, 16- story tower for the Piedmont Atlanta Marcus Tower Expansion posed several challenges in the process of completion. The project featured a curved architectural style that implemented a lot natural glass lighting for the new Marcus Heart and Cardiovascular Center and the Samsky Invasive Cardiovascular Services Center. The lower 10 floors will feature 132 new hospital beds serving Piedmont Hospital’s Buckhead campus with the remaining floors to be added in the next few years. The project was located on a dense, high-traffic site in downtown Atlanta that created delivery challenges and complex installation schedules. Scheduling for the project frequently required multiple workers to labor in multiple locations. Due to the high-rise nature of the project, product delivery required the use of a buck hoist, which limited the speed of product getting to needed locations.
During preconstruction, multiple rounds of estimating and preconstruction meetings were required; likewise, extensive shop drawings were needed to help bring the architect’s vision to fruition. Our team partnered with StarNet vendors Mapei for patches and adhesives, Tarkett for cove base and LVT, and Armstrong Medintone for LVP, VCT and wood. DCO Commercial was honored to be selected for this project by the contracting team at Brasfield and Gorie LLC, and the Architectural firm of HKS, Inc.
To learn more about the Marcus Tower Expansion, click here.
To check out our latest blog post, click here.