- LocationAtlanta, GA
- Project Executive(s)Luke Canup
- Project Manager(s)Corbin Mintz
- Site Superintendent(s)Matt McCloskey & Raymond Goodspeed
- Materials Used Starnet Preferred Vendors: Armstrong Flooring, Inc., Daltile, MAPEI, RFMS, RFMS Measure, Roppe, Tarkett | Johnsonite, SHOW PROJECT STRATEGY
- Other Contributions Architect: Perkins + Will, General Contractor: Carroll Daniel Construction, Contract Administration – Lana Browning, Project Estimator- LaChrisha Beard, Project Coordinator- Kari Robinson, Project Specialist- Chase Dahlstrom
KIPP Atlanta Collegiate
KIPP Atlanta Collegiate is part of KIPP county schools located in Atlanta, GA. When completely renovating an older school building, many unforeseen issues may arise. Due to not being able to get a large demo machine on the elevator, our installers removed thousands of square feet of very old and stubborn VCT using only handheld heat guns and a small demo machine. The new VCT pattern in the corridors proved to be extremely tedious and time consuming. Our crews worked many days with the designer and general contractor to ensure that the pattern tied in nicely with the planned murals throughout the building. Another challenge of working with an existing structure was removing the hardwood in the common study area while keeping the existing subfloor intact. Replacing this area with new engineered wood flooring created a very inviting area for the students to enjoy. In the end, the entire school is now bright and refreshed for the returning staff and students
To learn more about KIPP Atlanta Collegiate, click here.
To check out our latest blog post, click here.