- LocationLake Charles, Louisiana
- Start DateJanuary 2, 2017
- Completion DateAugust 31, 2017
- Account Executive(s)Jeremy Kozup
- Project Manager(s)Douglas Coombs
- Site Superintendent(s)Dan Beard, Olin Barnes, Tom Holt, Marcos Rivera
- Materials UsedTile: Shaw Crown Colony, Travertine ; Marble Emperador Dark 18 x 18 ; Arizona Tile, Macciano 3D ; Mosaic Sheets, Artic Grey ; Emser, Light Emperador ; Emser, Cream Gold ; DalTile, Creme Linen, Gesso Gloss, Arctic Grey, Line Truffle, Rive Versaille Lineality, Open Horizon, Silver Screen, Marble Polished | VCT: Armstrong, Excelon Imperial Texture, Sandstone Beige
The Golden Nugget Hotel & Casio, Rush Tower, included 325 luxury rooms with more than 500sf of flooring and 250sf of wall tile in each room. The hotel also includes 24 additional corner suites and three private villa suites that offer distinctly elegant, spacious, and modern accommodations including a lavish master bedroom with in-suite bath, a living room with dining area, wet bar, powder bath, and a covered, extended patio with lounge seating and hot tub. Complex hard tile installation methods were required to achieve the variety of layouts including basket weave, pinwheel, diagonal with dots, herringbone, and Versailles. These custom-designed patterns throughout the hotel required extensive planning and work disciplines. The Project Manager developed and implemented a field playbook that was shared with the field team stakeholders, which used and enforced as the operating approach for all activities. The project was to expand the existing Golden Nugget Hotel & Casino luxury complex with a new tower within an eight-month construction schedule, starting January 2, 2017, with a soft opening date of May 2017.