DCO Commercial Floors has immediate openings for a full-time Commercial Flooring Project Manager to work out of our Athens, Lawrenceville, or Atlanta, GA offices. The role of the Commercial Project Manager is to successfully coordinate the execution of DCOCF flooring contract jobs between $10K – $3M+. He or she is part of the commercial contract team, which also includes the sales account executive, administrator, coordinator, estimator, and site superintendent. Responsibilities and tasks are intense in scope and complexity. Work is performed with the autonomy to manage projects to the best service of the greater company and customers every day. As an integral member of the commercial contract team, the project manager works with team members to coordinate logistics, material management, installation, and payroll management to provide General Contractors and Owners a finished product that exemplifies DCO Inc.’s core purpose and values.
- Responsible for the overall coordination of the project, including being the main point of contact for internal team members and GC/Customer.
- Review and have a full understanding of assigned projects including: prime contract, plans, specs, scope of work, paperwork requirements, budget, materials, installation methods, and labor needs.
- Initiate scope meetings with necessary parties such as sales, estimating, installation manager, site supers, sub-contractors, purchasing, etc.
- Facilitate logistics, e.g., containers, freight, lifts, housing, etc.
- Release materials from vendors and arrange deliveries either internally through delivery department or through freight carriers.
- Material management- track and audit material inventories throughout the project to ensure that material is being used properly.
- Buy Out Labor- Write and execute and job-specific contracts for subcontractors.
- Coordinate with multiple subcontract installation crews to meet the needs of the project schedule.
- Ensure that all installations and testing take place according to specifications, manufacturer’s guidelines and established industry standards.
- Initiate and document any required testing such moisture testing, ambient conditions, substrate flatness, etc.
- Approve and manage project related payroll, ensuring payroll is accurate.
- Compile any required documentation from subcontractors such as e-verify forms, lien waivers, and certified payroll reports.
- Track all cost- labor, materials, and general conditions against budget to ensure profitability of each project.
- Make periodic job visits to audit payroll, inventory, and quality.
- Resolve any quality issues and ensure timely completion of all punch list.
Essential Qualifications and Skills:
- Strong organizational & analytical skills that provide the ability to solve tactical problems quickly and satisfactorily
- Prior experience handling multiple projects with multiple crews.
- Track record of properly prioritizing and completing projects “on-task” – “on-time” & “on budget”
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Outlook, Excel.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Ability to read and comprehend blueprints and specifications.
- 2-5 years’ construction or flooring experience or degree preferred
- Valid Drivers License and able to successfully pass a background check.