Salary: $50,000.00 /year
An successful Outside Account Executive genuinely loves dealing with people, has a passionate interest in sales work, a sincere desire to identify and exceed customer expectations, and a clear focus on customer satisfaction. Since most consumers make their purchasing decisions based partly on their impressions of the sales representative and their ability to positively maintain the relationship, this role is important to DCO, Inc.’s success and requires someone who enjoys working with and serving others. Key elements to being a successful Outside Account Executive is having the desire to go outside and find customers to serve. Staying up-to-date on current industry news and products, determining customer needs, showing a genuine interest in assisting customers with finding appropriate options and solutions, practicing active listening skills, and describing and demonstrating various product features and benefits are essential. Outside Account Executives also provide service follow-up “after the sale” to ensure each customer has an exceptional experience while shopping and buying from DCO, Inc., which might also include troubleshooting merchandise issues or returns. Sales Associates at DCO, Inc. “Own The Job” from beginning to end. In addition to selling, salespeople also assist in arranging for delivery and installation of purchases. Job Training occurs on-site; however, prior sales experience is required and possessing the ability and sincere desire to learn and grow. Must pass a Background Check.
- The Outside Account Executive Reports To: The Outside Sales Manager.
- Procure new customers through prospecting, networking, cold calling, etc.
- Business community involvement activities such as: Chamber, AAHBA, BMI, etc.
- Ability to ascertain customer needs and desires
- Gain and maintain knowledge of products, current sales and promotions, policies regarding payment, credit, returns, exchanges, refunds and security practices
- Assist A/R Specialist with Credit Applications and keeping customer receivables current
- Describe and demonstrate merchandise to customers, by explaining qualities, features, benefits, use, proper care and/or maintenance for best “life of product”
- Answer questions regarding the store and its merchandise
- Recommend, select, and help locate or obtain merchandise, based on customer needs and desires
- Estimate quantity and cost of merchandise required, and compute sales prices, total purchases and receive and process cash or credit payment
- Sell or arrange for delivery, installation, financing or service contracts, according to company policies and procedures
- Generate special order requests or check company stores’ inventory to find desired items
- Prepare sales slips or contracts, picking tickets and work orders
- Maintain records related to sales
- Consistently “walk the floor” to stay informed of current inventory and advise or make recommendations for new requisitions
- Watch for, recognize and act on other opportunities to serve and inspire others
- Be alert, on time, and always present a professional appearance
- Other duties and responsibilities as required or requested