Salary: $20.00 /hour
The Inside Designer position for the Eatonton, GA location of Dalton Carpet One requires someone who enjoys working with and serving others. Staying up-to-date on current industry news and products, determining customer needs, showing a genuine interest in assisting customers with finding appropriate options and solutions, practicing active listening skills, and describing and demonstrating various product features and benefits are essential by helping customers from conception to completion of each project. Inside Designers also provide service follow-up “after the sale” to ensure each customer has an exceptional experience while shopping and buying from DCO, Inc., which might also include troubleshooting merchandise issues or returns. Job training occurs on-site; however, prior 1-2 years interior design experience is required, a bachelors degree in interior design or a related field is required. Must pass a background check and be willing to take, and successfully pass, a Drug Screening Test.
***Must be able to work rotating Saturdays.***
- The Inside Designer Reports To: Retail Sales Manager.
- Assist all residential tile customers in selections of product and tile designs.
- Sell “inside” customers tile designs and materials and turn over to tile installation department for measuring and installation sales.
- Handle all builder/remodeler selections for outside sales.
- Assist residential customers with the Kitchen and Bath Design.
- Assist any residential customers with countertop sales.
- Maintain showroom cleanliness through putting up samples and placing new price tags for existing products and new lines.
- Gain and maintain knowledge of products, current sales and promotions, policies regarding payment, credit, returns, exchanges, refunds and security practices
- Describe and demonstrate merchandise to customers, by explaining qualities, features, benefits, use, proper care and/or maintenance for best “life of product”
- Answer questions regarding the store and its merchandise.
- Recommend, select, and help locate or obtain merchandise, based on customer needs and desires
- Estimate quantity and cost of merchandise required, and compute sales prices, total purchases and receive and process cash or credit payment
- Consistently “walk the floor” to stay informed of current inventory and advise or make recommendations for new requisitions
- Other duties and responsibilities as required or requested
- Bachelor Degree in Design or a related field required.
- Minimum of 1-2 years interior design experience required
- Prefer proficiency in CAD, 20/20, or Kitchen Design programs
- Prefer 3-5 years in kitchen and bath design
- Submit a portfolio