Salary: $24.00 to $28.00 /hour
A Commercial Estimator is responsible for the accurate interpretation of project drawings and material needs for commercial floor covering projects. The Commercial Estimator works in conjunction with the account executive, project management and installation teams. As a Commercial Estimator, He/She will have high attention to detail and work well under strict deadlines to achieve accurate and organized drawings and totals for multiple floor covering projects. They will have an understanding of various flooring products such as carpet, vinyl, ceramic, and LVT as well as their applications. An advanced understanding of the construction industry and interpretation of specifications is critical to the success of a Commercial Estimator. Maintaining a level of accuracy is of the highest priority because it could impact financial outcomes and is a day to day responsibility.
- Obtain plans electronically from customers, contractors, and plan providers
- Read specifications to understand the scope of work
- Perform take-off using RFMS Measure and determine quantities of materials required
- Identify omissions and inaccuracies in plans
- Research material requirements to include all finish goods, trims, accessories, installation methods, etc.
- Provide seam diagrams and color-coded drawings and gather and interpret other related information necessary to ensure the entire scope of work is accounted for and properly executed
- Maintain estimating computer files, including bid documents and plans as well us update BidTracker
- Manage multiple projects/estimates and present a high level of organization to meet strict deadlines
- Continually organize (and reorganize) workload in a logical, priority-based sequence
- Exhibit a track record of self-motivation, reliability, and success
- Interact with the commercial team to meet all deadlines\
- Complete shop drawings as directed and by direction of the specifications and Account Executive
- Initiate RFI’s by the RFI deadline.
- Accomplish department and organizational mission by working as a project partner both internally and with our clients
- Other duties and responsibilities as required or requested.